Elections, a battleground of morality

Elections, being the flavor of the month, I thought of writing something completely different from what is being discussed in media, political parties and amongst the masses. So let’s first try and understand what does elections mean in the true sense. It is a process of selecting an authority (person or organization) by voting on parameters of performance and character. There are certain rules to be followed in this game like in any other game. Unfortunately, all the warriors in the battleground play the game with single objective of winning and of course it does sound absolutely correct, right? In sports too, we have been taught to keep focus single mindedly on winning. What does winning mean? It could be number one ranking in sports or in exams or it could also means beating the opponents to emerge victorious. Really, if that definition was true, there would be lot many losers surviving amongst us than winners. See the statistics, only one in a class of 40 students tops the class, only 1500 students get admission in IIMs from lakhs of students who sit for the examination, only one team out of 8 IPL teams will be eligible for the winner’s trophy. Out of 7 national parties, 36 state recognized parties, 329 regional parties and many registered unrecognized parties, only one party will win the elections for Lok Sabha. Which means less than 1% gets a chance to win the top seat. Does that make 99% losers, well tried better next time! If we were to believe this concept, there would be depressed souls running around like headless chickens. Each one of us play such games, participate in contests, exams, etc. etc. in our lives, if we are not selected, we recover from our losses, try again and again. What is it that keeps us going? A bit of introspection on our approach, our attitude, our strategy. Yes, winning is not only achieving the top position, it’s an entire approach and attitude you carry throughout the journey towards your goal. Some reach the goal but still are not true winners and some are left out and still emerge as winners. Winning is a mental state of affairs where how you arrive at yourself, your growth with respect to your own past self. If you have been following the path of right thinking, right behavior and right action, you will no doubt, emerge as a winner irrespective of what position you get because then not just you would have learnt a lot, but also there is a newer you who is prepared to take on the challenges for future. With your behavior with people, you will always be respected and loved which will be a very strong support for you to feel like a winner. Sadly, political party leaders play a dirty game of maligning each other by murdering the opponent’s character without realizing the scar it leaves on their shirts too. Such leaders, even if wins the political game will be losers in the long run. They will definitely one day get the realization of their own self and how ruthlessly they could murder their own values to achieve a shirt sighted goal. Maybe then they would understand the true meaning of winning. The leader of the country is a raja who is dutifully responsible for the welfare of the praja. In addition to welfare, it’s extremely critical for the leaders to show the right behavior at all times because we, as citizens of the country are going to look up to you. The leader becomes an inspiration for the rest of the country and hence, the entire nation can go down in moral values if there is no one to look upto of a higher standard. Each one of you is an inspiration for someone, your children, your employees, your family and hence, beware! keep a watch on yourself all the time!



  • M. R. Chopra

    May 10, 2019 at 12:22 pm

    Good artical. Morality in politician, not only in politicians but in every one is need of the hour. That begins with early stages of life of human beings. Means to start with children.

  • Astrid

    May 21, 2020 at 4:00 pm

    This is really interesting, You’re a very skilled blogger.
    I have joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your great post.

    Also, I’ve shared your website in my social networks!

  • Dotty

    May 25, 2020 at 7:39 am

    Wow, this piece of writing is good, my younger sister is analyzing these kinds of things, thus I am
    going to tell her.

  • Etsuko

    June 18, 2020 at 3:28 am

    What’s up, I read your blog like every week. Your story-telling
    style is awesome, keep it up!

    Here is my homepage

  • Floy

    June 18, 2020 at 8:24 am

    Hi there to every body, it’s my first pay a visit of this website; this blog carries remarkable and genuinely good
    data designed for readers.

    My site – Truck Driver

  • Karri

    June 19, 2020 at 10:35 pm

    Heya i am for the first time here. I found this board and I find It
    really useful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to give something back and
    aid others like you aided me.

  • Mollie

    June 20, 2020 at 8:49 am

    Excellent post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I’m inspired!

    Very useful info particularly the last section :
    ) I care for such info a lot. I was looking for this
    particular information for a very lengthy time.
    Thanks and best of luck.

  • Clement

    June 21, 2020 at 12:17 am

    Hello! I just want to offer you a big thumbs
    up for the great info you have got right here on this post.
    I’ll be returning to your website for more soon.

  • Cora

    September 19, 2020 at 12:34 pm

    I’m impressed, I must say. Rarely do I encounter a blog that’s equally educative
    and engaging, and let me tell you, you’ve hit the nail on the head.
    The issue is something which not enough folks are speaking intelligently about.
    I’m very happy I found this during my search for
    something concerning this.

  • Monique

    September 23, 2020 at 1:26 pm

    If some one wants expert view about blogging after
    that i suggest him/her to pay a visit this web site, Keep up the pleasant

  • Lavon

    September 24, 2020 at 9:25 pm

    My partner and I absolutely love your blog and find the majority of
    your post’s to be just what I’m looking for. Does one offer
    guest writers to write content to suit your needs?
    I wouldn’t mind writing a post or elaborating on many of the subjects you write related
    to here. Again, awesome weblog!

  • Fiona

    September 25, 2020 at 12:38 pm

    I was very pleased to uncover this page. I need to to thank you for ones time due to this
    fantastic read!! I definitely liked every bit of it and I have you saved to fav
    to see new things in your site.

  • Adan Nulle

    October 20, 2020 at 9:59 pm

    Hi there! This post couldn’t be written much better! Reading through this post reminds me of my previous roommate! He always kept preaching about this. I’ll send this article to him. Pretty sure he’ll have a good read. Many thanks for sharing!

  • Robby

    November 18, 2020 at 1:37 am

    You’re so cool! I don’t think I’ve truly read anything like
    this before. So nice to discover somebody with original
    thoughts on this topic. Seriously.. thanks for starting this up.

    This web site is one thing that is required on the internet, someone with some originality!

Leave a reply